Thursday, October 20, 2011

Landscape Refresher

11x14 oil on panel $75 to purchase click here


Since I was gone for a week I needed to do a painting step by step from one of my art instruction books. I chose a landscape since I have lots of pics from my travels to New Hampshire to paint! The clouds gave me some fits, among other things, but since it was just an excercise to get back into the swing of it, I didn't stress too much. I think sometimes we artists, especially those whose livlihood depends on it, worry too much about the finished product of the work, rather than the process of painting. I've found that when I just paint everything as if It's just for practice, things turn out much better. It's one of the reasons I hate commissions because the stress of what I think the commissioner expects inhibits me from painting well and enjoying it.

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! If we would all let go and not plan on doing a masterpiece everytime, I think we learn more. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. The clouds, the water, the sky.....

    ReplyDelete