Sunday, May 11, 2014

Daisies for Mom


I remember as a kid my mom always said her favorite flowers were daisies or violets.  I would often pick little bundles of them for her in the yard, or give her daisies for Mother's Day.  I think this is why I like to paint daisies often.  I painted her some a few years back, so I didn't think she would like another painting, but since I had some difficulty with the flower order to be delivered to her, I went to plan b: more painted daisies.  I placed on online order on Thursday for Sat. delivery and got email notification on Friday they couldn't find a florist that would deliver to her house.  This was odd since I've done this in the past, so I tried calling local florists direct and still had no luck.  I suppose they are just too swamped with orders from responsible kids that planned ahead :) 


Anyway, here is your daisies in a milk bottle Mom, Hope you have a great day and thank you for all of the life's lessons you have given me over the years.  I hear often from my friends that my mom must be a remarkable woman.  I agree emphatically.  Love you!

2 comments:

  1. About time I get to see a photo of your mom! She did a fabulous job raising a daughter like you! So talented and I feel completely blessed to call you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting for a beautiful mom!!

    ReplyDelete