Wednesday, September 14, 2011

In my own backyard....

6x6 oil on panel $45 Click here to purchase


I subscribe to a lot of other artist's blogs and I'm always amazed at the gorgeous scenery that they have at their fingertips to paint....I keep thinking that I must travel to the West coast or the East coast so I could paint like them.....but on an artist's salary (well next to nothing) that's impossible, and it occured to me that there are beautiful scenes here in the midwest as well, and it's up to the artist to represent that. So here is a painting of a scene very close to my house. I'm going to try to paint the beautiful things in my own backyard, or very close to it! I am also submitting this to Daily Paintworks weekly challenge "Out my window" since I took the photo from my car window!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love that you took it out your window! You always make me smile- colors here are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely painting, Kristen. Yes, I agree with Kathy - the colours are wonderful and the energy is very happy and positive. I believe we can all find beauty everywhere, wherever we live. All we need to do is open our eyes and our hearts to immerse ourselves in all that nature offers to us, day or night, east coast, west coast, anywhere in the world.

    Thanks for sharing this, Kristin.

    ReplyDelete