Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Full Bloom

8x10 oil on panel
Well, I'm out of glass until I can order more so I am forced to go back to painting.  Not that I'm complaining, I missed it but the glass paintings are so much fun.  I'm planning a road trip with my glass friend Kelly to get some glass and frames in a couple weeks so I'm going to be painting for a few weeks.  I'm also attending a 2 day plein air workshop with several of the friends I made at Carol Marine's workshop in December, it will be like a mini- reunion!  So today, I decided to try my first real attempt at plein air in my yard.  Artists friends, please give me some constructive criticism so I can learn more about this difficult method of painting! It seems like something (or everything) is not quite right and I can't place it.....

1 comment:

  1. Kristan this is really beautiful! I just got my plein air box, so I'm going too will be practicing. This has it all wonderful detail and color in the front, grayed down and soft in the distance. I think what maybe bothering you is the rounded edge in front of the flowers? You could soften the shape or you bring a little piece forward in the grass to break the line a little?

    ReplyDelete