Tuesday, March 15, 2011

In a rut (and back out I hope)


So I've been in a bit of a painting rut for the last week....It all started when I had to move my easel and paints from the back sunroom to my barn studio(which I love, but it's awfully cold in the winter even when heated) and I was feeling very comfy on the back porch. However, with asthmatic people, oil paint and mediums seem to trigger wheezing, so out I go....I missed a day or two moving things out and organizing and it was enough to throw off my artistic momentum....Leave it to this weeks challenge to pull me out of the doldrums (I'll post that attempt later) For now, here are the paintings from last weeks "rut". You will understand when you see them...I was very disapoointed with the key lime pie....It started out as a regular painting but when it got muddy I just paletted knife painted over it. That seems to be my solution for paintings I've overworked and killed....

No comments:

Post a Comment