Saturday, May 28, 2011

All caught up and Epiphany!


So I had an epiphany today after I finished this painting, part of the daily paitworks weekly challenge that I missed while I was away in NC, but thanks largely to Dreama for this challenge, and Carol Marine for all the the past challenges by jove I think I've got it!!!.....I've been in a serious painting rut of late, painting daily since January and I've been all over the place with style and subject matter, struggling to find one that suites me enough to just run with it. The only consistancy in my painting is when I complete the weekly challenge....so when I started this challenge, I thought back to my other paintings that I felt proudest of when I was finished and decided to tackle this one the same way....I used the knowledge from Carol's "One stroke per color" and the latest value challenge to tackle the Kitty, and I am pleased with this one! I think I have found the beginnings of a style, and can't wait to keep going with it, thanks so much Dreama and Carol, keep the challenges coming!!

4 comments:

  1. Adorable!! Wonderful painting and love that little face. Really like how you painted all of Kitty's fur:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathy! I always love your positive encouraging posts! It makes me feel like I'm on the right track! I missed the ears a bit, but it was still a happy painting day if you know what I mean!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you pulled it all together with this painting!

    ReplyDelete