Sunday, June 10, 2012

Kyle Martin aka "kmart" Workshop

12x16 oil on Panel  





Just a quick post and some pics from this weekend's workshop with Kyle. (to view his blog and artwork click HERE) We couldn't have asked for better weather or company for this plein air workshop. Kyle was an outstanding teacher with a lot of energy (more than me if that is possible...) We're already planning our second painting event with him hopefully this fall on Kelley's Island in Ohio.  This workshop was held in Lima Ohio at the studio of Ruth Ann Sturgill and all but 2 of the attendees were "alumni" from Carol Marine's workshop last year so we had a great time catching up on the "good ol days" and making new friends that fit right in to our eccentric little group.  I'll write more tomorrow about what I learned, but I can tell you this: I will be using a lot of sunscreen and bug spray this summer.....stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment