Sunday, June 17, 2012

Plein Air Crash

Little Red Schoolhouse 12x16 oil on canvas 
To bid click HERE

"Bobcat" Oil on Panel 8x10

"Plein Air Crash" 6x8 oil on linen 

Summers are always so busy and crazy and this one is no exception so I've decided not to put too much pressure on myself to blog as often as I'd like and maybe during the summer months, share updates weekly.  I've been working on my new skills I learned at Kyle Martin's workshop and I'm really learning how to see value and color temperature.  On of Kyle's bits of advice were to stop looking around for pretty pictures and look for good design and contrast.  So you will see that some of my subjects are a bit ordinary but It allows me to focus entirely on learning about value while painting plein air....the one of a farm scene had a bit of an "accident" after my easel tipped over under very suspicious circumstances since there was not even a hint of a breeze...hmmm one wonders one wonders....Anyway, I kind of like the effect of the accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment