Scott is an artist like many of us and dreams of leaving this world with dignity and with a legacy. Throughout his struggle Scott has maintained the most positive attitude I have ever seen, always available to help his friends. My wish is to raise enough money for the family as well as a scholorship fund to an art school in his honor, art is what keeps him going everyday and has been a huge part of dealing with his battle with cancer.
I know many of you have helped in the past when I asked for help for him, and I appreciate it more than you will ever know, but this time it is more important than ever, and no amount is too small. Even just sharing this story with your friends and followers is a gift. I am organizing a major fundraiser in August in my hometown and if you wish to help or donate there are several ways you can do so, and one doesn't cost a cent. In my life experience I have found artists to be the most generous of any other group of people.
1. Donate a piece of art for our silent auction. Scott's deep love and appreciation made this fundraiser a no-brainer, it has been his dream to have an event with artists and art from everywhere. If you are willing to donate art or even another item for silent auction please contact me via email at email@example.com for my mailing address. I will be happy to pay for the cost of shipping, just let me know the cost.
2. Sponsor one of Scott's friends or family members who otherwise could not afford to attend the event. (or attend yourself!) Ticket prices are $50 each for the SOS Gala on August 10th and that price is simply out of reach for many. Our theme will be Caribbean Treasure and will feature Glass City Steel Drums and other live bands and entertainment. Official details such as time and location will be available no later than this friday, but it will either be in Findlay Ohio or Toledo Ohio. Click the Donate button below for this option. (please specify with the donation if this is a sponsor or a ticket purchase) (if you wish to purchase or sponsor a table of 8, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send an invoice)
3. WIN a commissioned masterpiece. My friend Kelly Alge who is the amazing glass artist that gave me my start in fused glass is selling a chance to win a commissioned piece of your choice for a $5 donation. ($700 value) ..Here is an example of several of her recent pieces. To donate for a chance to win a piece like this with your idea in mind click HERE Feel free to enter as many times as you wish to increase your chances.
4. Make a donation for ANY amount through paypal
5. Send him a message of hope. Our theme for the Gala is SOS (support our Scott) and it will be a Caribbean party with messages in a bottle. We will be collecting messages to put in a giant bottle for Scott to read as he continues his battle. you may email me your message at email@example.com and I will add it to the bottle for the event.
6. Purchase one of his mugs or prints depicting one of his drawings of the drug attacking colon cancer OR breast cancer (his sister is currently fighting breast cancer)
Here is his WEBSITE