Monday, April 18, 2011

Ten Fold Sold and Caramel Cuteness



This post is largely in part a message of gratitude to David and Carol Marine and their wonderful artist friendly site for daily painters www.dailypaintworks.com (I don't know why, but everytime I try to make something a hyperlink it doesn't work, grrrr) I've never met them, nor taken a workshop from Carol, but stumbled across the site when I began daily painting. I've done all but one of the weekly challenges and they have all helped me grow tremendously as a painter. When they posted the Help Japan Challenge, I opted in, and was a little discouraged when my painting didn't sell the first two times around....The third week it was posted, it got a bid! the benefactor, a fine gentleman from Barbados, purchased the work and to my surprise and delight, purchased two more of my paintings! I never expected the response I recieve just by doing what I love best, painting and giving back....I hope the efforts David and Carol put forth regularly for all artists out there are returned 10 fold, like it has for me. Thank you isn't enough for their dedication to their art.

I painted "Shoop" today, for this week's challenge....I had already planned on painting this cute little bunny, but the challenge to use complementary colors helped with my pallette choices....Shoop is a baby bunny in my barn that found a wonderful ome this week thanks to Margie Shoop, and she used the adjective "caramel cuteness" to describe him perfectly!

5 comments:

  1. Both pics are a bit "off" showing it's true color and value, the second pic is more accurate, but a little more purple...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this painting on the DPW site, and I love it, too. And congratulations on the sale of your paintings. Well done, Kristen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever get a chance to take one of Carol's workshops, jump on it, fast. It was probably the best I've ever taken. She is amazing. Go Steelers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog, Kristen. Your bunny is so adorable! I met Carol and David in Austin two years ago, and they are both very talented and down to earth. I also took her workshop, and I highly recommend taking one when you can. But don't wait! For the hyperlink . . . first, copy the URL address; after you paste it in your blog post, click on the "link" icon. Then it will automatically be highlighted. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete