Friday, January 20, 2012

Lunch With Friends

6x6 oil on panel NQF (not quite finished)


Well, it's a Friday night, Day 20 of my "30 paintings in 30 day challenge" with Ruth Ann, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but today was a tough one to get out there and focus on painting....Another artist friend said he was watching to see who would blink first. "not a chance" I said, "I'm former Navy, we were trained not to blink"....

I was supposed to go to calling hours for my friend Jason, but weather restricted the travel....6 inches of snow and a 2 hour drive at rush hour just don't mix....So instead, my other artist friend Scott, who was supposed to go with me, and Kelly, my glass artist friend who's every bit as crazy as me (no offense kelly, i mean it in a good way) decided to have lunch together at a local irish pub....we had a delicious lunch and much needed time out of our respective and reclusive studios. It was like therapy, only with food! I'm so glad to have a friend like Scott who is actually willing to leave his warm comfortable nest and drive an hour to come see me because as most people that have known me forever know that from the months of January to March, I don't leave the house or answer the phone.....(I was probably a bear in a former life, or some other hibernating animal.) I painted our delicious dessert that we all shared, creme brulee with a raspberry jam L for Logan's Irish Pub....delish....It's not quite done, quite a bit of fussing left to do, but it was 9 o'clock and I needed to get a glass of wine......

No comments:

Post a Comment