Monday, January 16, 2012

Tangerine Tango and MOO cards!!!

6x6 oil on panel click here to bid



wiper!



Moo Cards!







This is a painting for the DPW weekly challenge. The Color of the Year, according to Pantone is Tangerine Tango. I tried to paint a rose at first, but after 2 hours of struggle and angst, I wiped it. I decided to just go with a simple value study using Cad red medium and a smidge of Cad yellow medium....much easier.


I keep forgetting to add a new exciting tip! Last week I ordered Mini business cards from Moo.com Here's what I like about them...EVERYTHING! First, you can upload all of your art and if you order, say, 100 cards, you can get an assortment, you don't have to get 100 of the same photo!!! This is perfect for daily painters who have lots and lots of paintings and it's hard to choose just one....The other think I like is the size....It's the length of a business card but half the width....something you don't see very often eh!? They also carry key chains that hold about 15 of the mini cards and that is just perfect for me because i don't carry a purse, but I always have my keys! Also, I could order stickers using all my different paintings....I use them when I ship orders or letters! They're great! Finally, as an added bonus, they reward you if you refer a friend....so if you mention that I referred you, or use my link, I get a credit, and you will too when you start referring friends!!! Here's the link:



2 comments:

  1. Yummy color .... your pear looks like its rockn' out. Really pretty and fun.

    I love your tip. I was just thinking of ordering some moo cards a couple of weeks ago. Didn't know about the stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't think the flower was wiper bad, but the value study of the sure works.

    ReplyDelete