Thursday, January 5, 2012

Orange Sugegasa

6x6 oil on panel

I finished this yesterday but didn't blog it so here it is today...I'll post my other painting from today later, I bet you can't guess the subject ;) The orange on the bottle reminds me of the hats people wear in Japan. I bet they are useful when painting outside. I need to look into that.


Interesting fact: In Japan, the hat is called "sugegasa"


Helpful Hint: I purchased a really useful book at the suggestion of carol during the workshop (she didn't know it, but as soon as she mentioned it in class, I took out my trusty little iphone, found it on ebay, bought it and it was waiting for me when I got home from the workshop. I love technology) I just now got around to reading it though, and it is a GREAT book on composition.....I've only read the first few chapters, but what the author is saying keeps popping up in my head like a stern teacher. The name of the book is The Simple Secret to Better Painting by Greg Albert. I paid $15 plus shipping on ebay. well worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! The green bottle is wonderful and I love the creative composition! I also am going to get the book! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete